Vision, Mission, Mandate & Values
A vibrant community that enables all members to partner in achieving unparalleled prosperity and fulfillment.
Creating local solutions to our local workforce development needs.
The Peel Halton Workforce Development Group is mandated to carry out several key activities:
- Labour Market Information and Intelligence: Expanding current understanding of local labour market issues and needs and improving access to labour market information resources.
- Integrated Planning: Serving as a central point of contact and key facilitator for linking employers, service providers, other ministries and levels of government and other community groups to identify and respond to labour market and workforce development challenges and opportunities, and gaps in employment and training and human and social services, through collaborative planning.
- Service Coordination for Employers: Acting as a hub for connecting employers, industry associations, sector groups and other employer groups with appropriate employment and training services to address their workforce development needs. Working with local employment and training service providers, including those outside the Employment Ontario network such as Ontario Works Employment Assistance (OW-EA) and Ontario Disability Supports Program – Employment Supports (ODSP-ES), to coordinate services to employers, such as job development and job placements.
- Research and Innovation: Collaborating with community stakeholders to develop projects related to the research and piloting of innovative approaches to addressing local labour market issues or opportunities.
- Sharing Best Practices and Promising Approaches: Working with provincial and community organizations, including other LEPCs, to identify and share local best practices that could inform action in other areas.
- Respect – This embodies honesty, integrity, truth, trust, sincerity, and respect for diversity.
- Clarity – This includes consistency, efficiency, and relevance.
- Collaboration – This can be elaborated as cooperation, community support, teamwork, grassroots involvement, relevance, responsiveness, fulfillment, prosperity, and learning.
- Innovation – This involves creativity, flexibility, adaptability, and initiative.